Re: Lenswork

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 05/22/04-05:40:37 AM Z

Ender100@aol.com wrote:

> I see that the upcoming issue of Lenswork magazine has an article:
>
> Embracing Beauty: The Postmodern Pictorialist Landscape Photograph
> by Katharine Thayer

When I wrote Lenswork to ask about the title, I said that I kind of like
the idea of staking a claim for the pictorialist landscape photograph in
postmodern territory. After all, given postmodernist ranting about
hegemony and privileging and the plurality of authentic voices, on what
basis could they possibly exclude us? But just the same, I can't imagine
they'd be too pleased to wake up and find us camped in their
neighborhood.
Katharine