Re: Building PS curves for alternative processes with the Inkjet Companion

From: jack reisland ^lt;reislandj001@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: 05/27/04-12:23:00 PM Z

Be aware that regular transmission densitometer readings of inkjet output do not correspond to transmission densitometer readings of film, as the ink on OHP does not block UV the same way that silver on film does. The only way to get an accurate reading is with a UV densitometer. You can print out a negative on OHP that will give you perfect full spectrum densitometer readings, but it will block much less UV than a film negative with the same full spectrum densitometer readings.

Jack Reisland