Re: Everclear Alcohol and Gum

From: wrleigh@att.net
Date: 05/27/04-02:55:43 PM Z

Denatured alcohol is ethyl alcohol with methyl alcohol added to make it undrinkable (denatured). It is not the same thing as vodka. For this reason, there is a negligible tax on denatured alcohol, but there is a huge tax (~$20/qt, I think) on ethyl alcohol. Don't even think of diluting denatured alcohol to the same concentration as vodka and drinking it.

--
Bill Leigh
wrleigh@att.net