Pig Poop, was Re: crummy printers and gum

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 05/28/04-10:59:52 AM Z

Chris,

Well, you missed a lot more than your printer by not being in South
Carolina today. There was this absolutely hilarious story today in
the Greenville News. It seems that the republican governor of the
state, Mark Sanford, tried to make a point about pork barrel spending
by bringing two live pigs into State House Chambers, but the action
backfired on him and ended up in a bipartisan fire-storm against the
governor, with both democrats and republicans calling his action
insulting and childish. The headline story in the Greenville News
today was, "Sanford's pig stunt raises stink." It seems that as soon
as he put the two pigs down in the House chambers one of them
promptly defecated on the marble floor. Rep. Bob Leach, R-Greenville
related the story, "Sanford appeared out on the floor with two small
pigs under his arms. Then he sat them down and one of the pigs
crapped all over the floor and we had to clean it up. It smells bad
there." A democratic leader added, "it is unfortunate that Sanford's
spokesman, Will Folks, actually had to clean up the pig poop from the
marble floors of the statehouse today. However, in some ways it is
appropriate since Folks has to clean up behind this governor on a
regular basis."

Anyway, to keep this on topic, have you tried making negatives with
the Epson C84? This is a very inexpensive printer with pretty high
resolution that uses pigmented inks and in my experience works nicely
for making alt process negatives.

Sandy