Re: drinking in the darkroom

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@bellsouth.net>
Date: 11/02/04-09:00:14 AM Z

Nope, it was potassium bichromate. I have the article from the BJP xeroxed.
In fact, I have quite a few articles about this xeroxed because there were a
number of pot bi poisonings (as well as severe ulcerations from continually
putting hands in vats of the stuff) over the span of a few years which led
to a controversy about putting this on a "poison list". Apparently there
were no MSDS sheets back then. :)

One pharmacist put pot bichromate instead of pot bicarbonate in a cough
syrup and the person died over a period of time.

The thing that surprised me about the beer story was that the worker was
drinking beer on the job. A nice mug of pot bi does look just like an
Amstel...so he was probably pretty looped and didn't notice it until he
drank it up.
Chris