Re: Good first alt process

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 11/04/04-04:13:49 AM Z

Peter Marshall wrote:

> [...]

Hi Alistair,
I'll just say, in addition to Peter's excellent comments, that gum
printing is easy; it's setting down a universal method of gum printing
that is difficult, and that's why all the disagreement and confusion
over gum printing on the list. Anyone can print gum; the problem arises
when someone sets him/herself up as an expert and proceeds to tell
everyone else how to print gum. I have a couple paragraphs about this
problem on the intro page I've already given, under the heading "Why gum
printers don't agree" and won't repeat them here. If you let the gum
teach you what it needs for your particular combination of materials and
equipment, and ignore most of the discussion here, you'll probably be
better off and learn more than if you try to follow the discussions
here.
Katharine Thayer