Re: Good first alt process

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 11/06/04-12:34:43 AM Z

I started with gum and upgraded to carbon. Many started with gum and
are still with gum.

Best bet for a good first alternative process is Cyanotype, if you
like cold blue images, or VDB for the warm brown look.

The VDB path leads to kallitype (ferric oxalate variety) and Pt./PD,
or just plain palladium. Cyanotype is an end in itself. Gum is a
disease from which many appear to never recover!

Sandy