RE: Want more glow in Pt/Pd

From: joachim oppenheimer ^lt;joachim2@optonline.net>
Date: 11/10/04-06:53:37 PM Z

I am not qualified to speak to the main issue but I am qualified to discuss
shellac. Although the term refers to both natural and synthetic forms of
shellac, all are very poorly suited to your intent. Shellacs absorb
moisture with resultant milk-like staining and deterioration. Varnishes do
not have that problem and may be tried in very thin layers with careful
drying between applications. But they have their own problems. I have used
bowling alley wax and renaissance wax and concluded that I do better without
any coating. Joachim