RE: Want more glow in Pt/Pd

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 11/11/04-06:55:26 PM Z

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Sandy King wrote:

> Eric,
>
> Thanks for the information about McDonald Spray. First, what is it? A
> shellac, wax, urethane, other?
>

> Would appreciate your thoughts on the archival considerations of this and any
> other type of over-coating that might be used to enhance glow and Dmax of
> Pt./Pd. prints. I would like to be able to change the appearance of my

This reminds me -- Some years ago a company called Lacquer-Mat Systems
marketed a spray in various finishes -- gloss, semi gloss, matte, etc. It
was also used for inkjet prints, tho I've used it on various alternative
processes, and it may have been originally formulated for photographs.

The can gives a Syracuse NY address: (315) 479-8838, tho I haven't heard
mention of them lately, so maybe they are demised. The understanding at
the time was that the material was "archival."

Judy