Re: report on glyoxal yellowing

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@bellsouth.net>
Date: 11/13/04-09:49:09 AM Z

The one point this does not take into account, is that there was a
difference in yellowing in the three papers that Fabriano produces--cold,
hot, soft, so it is not just a rinsing problem but something else either
alone or in tandem with rinsing/not rinsing. The hot and cold (smoothest and
roughest) yellowed the most. And, when I used to use Rives and glyoxal 6
years ago, I never noticed a yellowing problem in the same procedure I used
then, so that Don does not get yellowing in his did not surprise me.
My reason for choosing not to rinse was to see if I could produce the
yellowing again, with my same procedure, after I came across the very yellow
piece of paper from the summer months of the paper sitting in my house
unused.
Chris