Re: bromoil, anyone?

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 11/14/04-12:24:08 AM Z

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004, Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

> I guess what I am interested in, really, is any bromoil dialogue...so
> tawlk amungst yurselfs...your workflow, your mistakes, anything!
> Chris

See P-F #6 for Bob Gumpper's "Bromoil Express." Among his strategies is to
"super dry" in a convection oven at 250 degrees F, which he says saves a
day. He also does transfer by "Matrix Destruction." (I don't recall
details, not being a bromoilist.)

Bob also put a "supplement" -- detailed instructions, including mixing
your own ink, illustrated, from about 1939, on website at
www.post-factory.org. Downloadable as PDF file.

Joe Besse has "21st Century Oleobrom" in Post-Factory #7 -- a way of
doing bromoil with rollers, invented early 19th century & kept alive in
England in the interim.

Henk Thijs bromoils on aluminium with a beer substrate, courtesy of Klaus
Pollmeier, among other devices. Instructions, attitude and formulas in P-F
#9.

good luck, enjoy, and ... watch those solvents !!

Judy