Colour of Van Dyke Prints...

From: Christina ^lt;darvida@gmx.at>
Date: 11/14/04-02:41:35 AM Z

Yesterday I was making some Van Dyke Prints using the formula from
Worobiec/Spence:

Solution A: Ferric ammonium citrate 6g + 22ml water
Solution B: Silver nitrate 2,5g + 22ml water
Solution C: Tartaric acid 1g + 22ml water

I use destilled water for mixing it.

One part A + one part C mixed together an then one part B drop per drop
mixed to the solution.

For exposure I use a 8 UVA- 8W lamps with about 25cm away from the paper.

Exposure time was about 5-7 minutes.

Developing was in clear water (roomtemperature).

All my prints are light brown to orange..no the blackbrown I was expecting.

How can I get those black brown prints, like they are shown in the book.

More exposure?

Other Formula?

Developing in warm water?

I did not fix the prints, will I get a darker brown if fixed?

Thanks very much for your help,

Lg

Christina