RE: Colour of Van Dyke Prints...

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 11/14/04-09:24:18 AM Z

I don't know the exact formulas of pre-mixed fixers. Presumably most
non-rapid-and-pre-mixed fixers contain around 15% of anhydrous sodium
thiosulfate (in the other hand, rapid fixers contain ammonium
thiosulfate which is no good for your vandyke image). Perhaps, you can
use these pre-mixed fixers diluting the working solution by 1+7 (in
other words; by adding 7 parts water to 1 part working fixer solution).
Fixing time should be no longer than 1 minute.

This is a speculative answer, others will certainly correct me if I'm
wrong.

Regards,
Loris.