Re: bromoil, anyone?

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@bellsouth.net>
Date: 11/14/04-05:18:21 PM Z

Thanks for the answers, on and offlist, all. this is enough to get me in hot
water. I did not know there was a bromoil list! Cool. Who was the one
who started it?

I think I neeed to try a brush, use the spray bottle, it seems that Agfa MCC
118 is the way to go, and read PF 9. I never thought of using liquid light.
wow.

I have beside me a book on Schmidt de las Heras, a Spanish bromoilist in
which book Sandy King wrote a chapter. His examples are wonderful.
Probably, Mark, like David Lewis' as you describe below.

I have never done bromoil with a brush, just a roller, and probably fall
into the latter camp of which you speak.

I am tempted to take you up on your offer, below, but if I fail to produce a
print that is up to snuff (my snuff) would you settle for a gum print :)?

I did complete 17 prints in the 4 days I worked at it; they are...what I
would nicely call...experimental bromoils. Very fun, and I think the class
would enjoy them, but I would DIE to show them to a bromoilist. No way.
never. But I am very intrigued at the combination of printmaking and
photography, and with all my snafus, I can see the process has great
contemporary art possibilities.
I can't believe Lewis does all his printing for the year in one day. I like
that aspect about bromoil very much...that you can just bleach a bunch of
prints and use them later. Gives new life to the ones you may have
overexposed unintentionally.
Chris
PS Dragonbones, Mark? Please explain...