RE: Trick for increasing speed of photo papers?

From: Liam Lawless ^lt;liam.lawless@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: 11/17/04-05:49:07 PM Z

Loris,

It can be a real pain to have to make a large print from a dense neg,
particuarly when it involves a number of test prints. I haven't tested any
"speed increasing" ideas, but using your dev warmer and/or more concentrated
should make some difference, though not as much as you're hoping. If you
make up your own dev, try increasing the amount of metol or phenidone in the
formula.

And if you're printing on a warm-tone paper (Ilford WT, Forte Polywarm &c.),
they're usually a stop or more slower than cold papers. With a warm-tone
dev, too, you'll also need to give more exposure.

Any increase you do achieve will *probably* be at the expense of a colder
image tone and altered contrast.

Liam