Re: Trick for increasing speed of photo papers?

From: Gordon J. Holtslander ^lt;holtsg@duke.usask.ca>
Date: 11/18/04-05:47:04 PM Z

Dimezone can be replaced with phenidone, the developer won't last as long
though. I can't get dimezone here, unless I buy $1000.00 worth at once.

Triethanolamine is commonly used in cosmetics - my usually supplier
fotochem carries it. I think this provides the extra speed of this
developer. You can try not using it - but I think you will get a loss of
speed.

To use any lith film for pictorial work its necessary to use a very low pH
developer.

Gord

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Loris Medici wrote:

> Thanks Gordon, will look at the sites you mentioned...
>
> Kodak CGP... wait a minute... now I remember that there was a supplier that
> stocks Kodak CMRA2000... I guess this is the same thing as Kodak CGP... Yes,
> the product code listed in Kodak Polychrome site is CGP and CGPM (M is for
> the matte surface)... Great! It seems that I will be able to find this film
> locally. Thank you very much!
>
> I inspected Ryuji's DS-10 formula... There are some chemicals that I don't
> know (such as Dimezone S and Triethanolamine - also I'm not sure that I can
> obtain these locally)... Gordon and Ryuji, which ready-made developer (Xtol,
> D76, various paper developers) would you recommed with this film? Also, how
> should I handle / use this high contrast film for making pictorial negatives
> (want to make Ziatypes).
>
> TIA,
> Loris.

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2