RE: modifying scanner

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 11/19/04-08:08:13 AM Z

Since you're using pinhole cameras, I don't think that enlargement
factor is as critical as in non-pinhole work. 4x5 pinhole images can be
pretty sharp (more so after a little bit treatment in image editing
software). See some samples from my 4x5 pinhole camera below (using a
laser drilled pinhole at optimum focal lenght).

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/1549155-lg.jpg
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/1549160-lg.jpg
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/1549166-lg.jpg
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/1554932-lg.jpg
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/1630217-lg.jpg
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/1687878-lg.jpg

I fiddled with constrast and sharpening in Photoshop. So, if there's a
digital step before the final image, I think you should definitely give
a chance your 4x5 camera before going for bigger negatives...

Regards,
Loris.