Re: Jobo 3005, PMK, & 5x7 Tri-X

From: Eric Nelson ^lt;emanmb@yahoo.com>
Date: 11/19/04-07:04:46 PM Z

My experience w/presoaking sheet film outside of a
drum is that, initially when wet, the base side
becomes "sticky", adhereing to whatever it is in
contact with....such as the back of another sheet, the
tray, and probably the inside of the tube.
Unfortunately presoaking, before insertion into a
half-full tube, would be necessary to get the film
beyond the "sticky" stage, which takes a minute or
two, before I could even load them into the drum. Not
to mention each tube holds a total of 1 liter and
there are 5 tubes.

For whatever reason, the benefits of the "tapered
tubes of Jobo" (sounds like sci-fi title) are not
passed on to 5x7 film as with 8x10 in the same 3005
drum....unless someone else has had a better 5x7 Jobo
experience they can pass on.

Eric