Re: planned obsolescence rules

From: Bill Laidley ^lt;wlaidley@shaw.ca>
Date: 11/22/04-04:28:46 PM Z

A couple of comments...

The pricing does not include purchasing Windows, which isn't cheap.
Sometimes you can get OEM pricing, but depending on the version of
Windows you choose it could easily add $200 to the price.

I had a system built using an AMD CPU several years ago - several times
a day i got the 'blue screen of death' (Windows died horribly) and I
lost whatever i was working on at the time. I decided that the amount
of time I lost wasn't free and had the CPU changed to Intel. The
problem immediately went away. It may have been AMD, it may have been
Windows - I never found the cause. Things may have improved since then,
but I still only use Intel CPUs.

Bill Laidley

wlaidley@shaw.ca