Re: Coating Rod Basics

From: res1dvao@verizon.net
Date: 11/23/04-11:30:29 AM Z

Go to cynmar.com and order their catalog. On page 123 are the glass rods. Get item # 115-20578 for $15.00. Also buy the glass tubing cutter, #120-20550.

To cut the rod, make a good mark with the cutter about 1/4" long. Turn the cut away from you, put your thumbs across from the scratch and break. Good idea to wear gloves.

Go to your hardware store and buy some sheet plastic about 1/4-1/2" thick. Cut to handle size and superglue the tube to the handle.

For about $25.00 you will have all the coating rods you will ever need.

George