Re: formula needed: Gum Arabic from powder

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@bellsouth.net>
Date: 02/23/05-07:38:38 PM Z

Darryl,
Forget the baume. I mix it 1 gum (weight) + 2 water (volume). I think the
usual is 1 gum +3 water but this is a bit liquidy for me, and I noticed that
a lot of the original practitioners used the thicker gum--even thicker than
this. It's nice and juicy when it brushes on.
Pretend you're mixing flour and water for gravy--a little water at a time,
or blend the sucker up in your blender or food processor.
You can use it right away, no need to wait. One more myth.
OHH, add a bit of preservative or it stinks baaaaad.
Chris (who is thrilled to be on Thanksgiving break)