RE: Help with what I believe is a hardening issue

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 11/24/04-01:17:51 AM Z

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Don Bryant wrote:

> If you go to a Goodwill/Salvation Army/Thrift store most likely you can
> purchase very reasonably a teflon coated electric frying pan with
> thermostatic control. I've used one for years. The pan ultimately gets kinda
> ugly but it keeps temps under control.

I don't know if they hold enough liquid for a large operation (we used to
mix 2 or more liters in school, as I do at home for large paper). For
gelatin in water, however, a plain aluminum soup pot is fine.

I wonder what the folks who gave their temperature controlled fry pans to
the thrift shop are using instead? Once upon a time in the long long ago
(before they invented cholesterol), I paid a sum of money for one of those
things, aka fondu pot.The fondu was sublime, tho now of course you
wouldn't dare serve it -- folks would think you were trying to poison
them. Ah -- maybe that's why they all landed in the thrift shop?

Judy