RE: Digital Negative Question

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 11/27/04-03:30:37 PM Z

I have made digital negatives using both Burkholder's method
(correction curve applied to the positive) and Mark Nelson's PDN
method (curve applied to the negative). Both methods give good
results, but don't mix and match systems.

On the whole I find that applying the curve to the negative makes
more sense to me because it allows one to compare results from the
negative on the final print and make adjustments when necessary.
Working back up to the positive through an intermediary negative does
not allow me to see and appreciate how the changes will affect the
curve nearly so well because of the simple fact that it one step
removed from the final product.

Sandy King