Re: Changes in Arches?

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 11/27/04-11:28:07 PM Z

Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

> <snip> Ah, I was thinking you were one who had remarked on the smell, but I
> > must have you mixed up with someone else.
>
> ah, 'twas me who said this. It smelled like wet dog, dirty sox, you name
> it. I will never order Arches again--the old supply I used up had spots of
> inconsistent sizing and stunk, the new stuff I bought this summer, albeit
> only a couple sheets, still had the same problems. But that doesn't mean it
> hasn't changed since summertime. If you say it has, I'd be game to try it
> again.

Well, I've only tried three smallish pieces of this new stuff so far, so
I'm still feeling rather tentative about making a statement. It's pretty
clear to me that the smell is gone and that the paper is different
physically, but I haven't used enough of it to say anything about
whether the sizing problems have been fixed. I did find yesterday that,
unlike the old Arches, it won't print tricolor unsized; my magenta
stains this paper. But that wouldn't be a problem for most people who
size anyway.
Katharine

Katharine