Re: Changes in Arches?

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 11/28/04-11:42:16 PM Z

From: Katharine Thayer <kthayer@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: Changes in Arches?
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 05:42:20 +0000

> I've never seen this, but I've probably used no more than 20 sheets of
> Pescia total. On my sheets, the logo, an anchor-looking thing, repeats
> across the sheet along the bottom (or one long side, which I think of as
> the bottom of the sheet). Maybe an inch up from the bottom, four or
> five of them across the sheet. I just went out to look at a sheet to be
> sure I was describing it accurately, only to find that I don't seem to
> have any more Pescia.

Strange. I used that predivided sheet today and I sized two more
sheets of Pescia at the end of day for next time. One of them had one
logo at the center, another had no logo at all. I've bought 10 sheets
of Pescia from my local store, but I don't think I saw more than 2
logos per sheet... I was thinking about buying this paper in bulk and
I'm very curious how this batch of paper turns out...

Besides this strange phenomenon, I find Pescia to be a very nice
paper. It maintains the surface texture after sizing nicely. I wish
it had a bit more body like Artistico, but this is not critical. (So
far, none of the papers I tried works with silver gelatin process
without sizing.)

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"People seldom do what they believe in.  They do what is convenient,