RE: Starch sizing for Gum

From: Kate M ^lt;kateb@paradise.net.nz>
Date: 11/29/04-04:05:01 AM Z

Hi Jeremy, I will look out a recipe for you, I know I saw one the other
day......but I have to say that powdered starch does wash off as it
can't be hardened like gelatine...which is why I don't use it. I think
the best starch size is just a paste of arrowroot and water, quite thin,
that is cooked befor application. We do use powdered starch here at my
school so (as I said) I'll have a look tomorrow.
Kate