Re: Ilford Quitting Film Business

From: Mark Malloy ^lt;malloyml@appstate.edu>
Date: 09/01/04-08:52:52 AM Z

This just came my way:

Ilford set to split UK and Swiss businesses
Ilford Imaging, weighed down by more than £40 million of debt, asked
accountancy firm Grant Thornton to oversee its sale. The group will likely
separate its two businesses: the UK black-and-white films and photographic
paper division, and the Swiss inkjet printing business.
Ilford Imaging USA Inc. is continuing business as usual, President Ward
Phillips said. "We are taking every action and precaution to maintain
ongoing operations with our customers. At the same time, behind the scenes,
we will be working with our related companies in the Ilford group to improve
its performance," he said.
Communications Manager Wendy Erickson said the U.S. firm is solvent, and
plans to go forward with its photokina exhibit, and booth in PMA 2005.
Ilford USA feels confident of its Swiss supply, and markets some things from
outside sources. Photo paper and related supplies are probably dependent on
the UK parent company finding a buyer, Erickson said.

-Mark