Re: 55 minute download

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 09/01/04-04:47:49 AM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, John Cremati wrote:
>
> > These images were a 5 minute download!.. I thought sending images
> > were not allowed on the list???? I can now see why!...
>
> This has been discussed recently on the list, but seems not to have
> registered with all parties. Perhaps Gord would put it on the
> subscribers' welcome, so that no one could "overlook" it.

Heck, why would they see the instructions not to send attachments any
more than they see the instructions about how to unsubscribe?

Forgive me if I seem cranky, but for me that mail, whatever it was,
cost a lot more than 5 minutes download time. After 45-50 minutes
waiting for the message to download, I finally bailed out of the mail
and went to my ISP's website, where I was able to delete the offending
message out of the queue so I could download the remaining mail. By then
I had spent a very frustrating hour trying to get my mail. I would have
left it to deal with later except I especially wanted a mail from a
chemist that I needed to see before taking the next step in the project
I'm working on. So now I'm ready to start my work for the day, but in a
very bad mood. Don't do that no more, okay?
Katharine Thayer