Re: cyanotype question

From: Joe Smigiel ^lt;jsmigiel@kvcc.edu>
Date: 09/03/04-03:39:38 PM Z

Dave,

Yes, I got that. With each additional *stop* of exposure the tones on
the print should move up by two steps. Starting with 100 units we would
see a shift by two steps on the print at exposures of 100, 200, 400,
800, 1600,...units over the entire scale.

I don't know where I got confused here. I think my previous post is
saying the same thing (up to the point of me saying the low end should
move upward faster which I see is wrong now) only using a different unit
(i.e., 250 vs. 100). I'm testing at an interval of 250 units since that
visually appears to give me maximum density at step 1.

But, looking at the actual test strips, I don't see this smooth shift in
tones on both ends. It appears empirically that the lower steps are
shifting upward faster than the higher Theoretically, that shouldn't
happen based on the numbers we've both been playing with.

Maybe the upper values are just more fragile and are washing away during
processing so it appears the low steps are creeping up at a faster rate.

Thanks for the clarification.

Joe

>>> fotodave@dsoemarko.us 09/03/04 3:38 PM >>>
Well, actually what I wrote below that "step 1 and step 5 should move up
2
steps" doesn't make really make sense, but I think you know what I meant
by
context. What I meant was that both step 1 and step 5 had received
double
exposure, so step 3 and step 7 should the same as step 1 and step 5 of
previous exposure.

Dave S