Re: Platinum over Gum

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 09/03/04-09:33:56 PM Z

Yes, gum over platinum dates from the beginning
of the last century and I have seen quite a
number of vintage prints from that period. And
all of the ones I have seen were rather dull and
flat. By contrast the work of some of the
contemporary photographers doing gum over
platinum has a glow and luminosity not present in
the vintage prints, at least not in the ones that
I have seen. By contemporary workers I mean the
Melvin/Kouklis/Harmon gang.

For a good idea of how this bandits are working
the process see Clay's article at
http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/GoverP/goverp.html.

Plus ça change, plus ça çhange, as some pervert the saying.

Sandy King