Re: Statistics (was: Re: 55 minute download

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 09/03/04-10:47:50 PM Z

>>> It is not an "elitist" idea, it's just the way things are going.

Now let me get this straight... We independent thinkers, original creative
artists, self-actualized personalities, free spirits, proud humanists,
strong-willed searchers, and seekers of truth (etc. etc. and so forth, get
your own thesaurus) are being told to do it because the *majority* are
doing it (possibly, apparently, statistically -- or not).

Like footbinding, or belly button piercing, suttee, or female
circumcision, among "going" ways of other cultures ?

In this culture it's do what the nice corporation tells you to do so CEOs
and merger managers can suck up more millions -- whether or not you
personally feel a need or see a benefit and if you don't you're an
out-of-it luddite unprogressive dorky retard. You're saying that with a
straight face (so to speak)?

Not to mention that in the recent past Sandy King, of all people, has told
us this is the 21st century, so get with the program. Has anyone failed to
notice that the 21st century is (so far) a disaster, worse even than the
20th, which was bad enough?

Is this how lemmings do it? Or call it "manufacturing consent" (I believe
a phrase coined by that spawn of Satan Noam Chomsky, but seems to apply
here).

Judy