Re: Gamma Question and Yahoo, etc

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 09/09/04-04:20:20 AM Z

Katharine Thayer wrote:

. When I was about ready to give up, a friend
> on the list told me, "Nobody's work looks right online, get over it!"
> and then I was able to accept that there isn't any way to get accurate
> representation online, and that that's just the way it is.

I might add that I made the decision to live with imperfection only
because mine is purely an educational website; all the images depicted
are either prints that are already in collections or are just test
prints or demonstration prints. I don't think I would consider offering
work for sale online because of the difficulty of accurate
representation, especially of the more subtle nuances that gum is
capable of that are simply lost in translation to electronic
reproduction.
kt