Re: Papers for Cyanotype

From: RHobbs3@aol.com
Date: 09/09/04-06:34:42 PM Z

I have used old cold coffee for my first wash. Coffee has an amazing
collection of acids, which change depending on the darkness of the roast. If I cover
the print with coffee and let it sit for a minute or five then proceed with
the wash, my final blue shifts toward gray or black. I suspect the tannic acid
in the java is what does this.
For some reason, I get less staining of the paper base this way than I do if
I make the print first and tone in coffee later.

Rob Hobbs