RE: Presentation Question

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 09/10/04-09:05:30 PM Z

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Schuyler Grace wrote:

> .... And if the final product isn't presented
> properly, all the effort expended on the process can be wasted ...

My alarm bells ring for this one... if we are supposed to be freethinking
creative artists, we ought to be able to present work according to our own
freethinking creative sensibility, not by what is all too often a lifeless
convention.

I recall some time around 1980, the first show of work I'd ever seen by
Bea Nettles. I *loved* her work in books, but when I walked into the
gallery all I could see was a row of same size black wood frames the
length of 3 walls. The work, neatly matted inside, was invisible.

So today you probably wouldn't put your work in thick black frames... But
that was the "proper" thing then. Beware...

Judy