Re: Papers for Cyanotype

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 09/14/04-12:35:09 PM Z

From: Mike Frankel <silkini@uneedspeed.net>
Subject: Papers for Cyanotype
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 09:57:21 -0700

> At the advice of a list member, I went to Kinko's to see if they had
> Crane's #90 paper. They did not have Crane's, but had a #90 stationary
> paper made by Spring Hill.
> Will that paper be good enough to experiment with, or should I wait to
> get the Arches or Rives BFK which I have on order?

Did you read my post on this thread a couple of days ago?

I think stationery paper is cut from bond paper which has different
standard size than cover paper. Same number of pounds doesn't mean
same weight if the standard size differs. A very concise description
is found in the paper making section of Chicago Manual of Style,
which you can probably find a copy in your office or your colleagues
bookshelf, etc. If anyone knows better refs, please let me know.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"You have to realize that junk is not the problem in and of itself.