Re: GCR and UCR

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 09/14/04-08:37:51 AM Z

Katharine Thayer wrote:

> But (do we really have to go through this again so soon after the last
> time?) this is only true for printing inks, due to the impurities they
> contain; it has nothing to do with the pure pigments we use in gum
> printing.

To be thorough I maybe should add, since it was covered in the same
discussion this summer that perhaps Marie missed, that sometimes in gum
printing people do get a brown or purply-brown result where the three
colors should create a neutral grey or black, but this isn't due to any
inherent problem with the color model, but to the choice of pigments.
kt