Re: Picture on metal

From: Jordan Lee ^lt;jlee@jordanleephotography.com>
Date: 09/22/04-09:10:08 PM Z

I've put images on glass and tile before using liquid emulsion. I first
coated the glass (or tile) with gelatin. I let it dry overnight and then
proceeded to apply emulsion like normal. When developing I used chemicals on
the cooler side. The emulsion lifted a little on the edges, but stayed in
place on the rest of the image.(Agitate VERY carefully) I didn't know about
cleaning the glass before hand so maybe I just got lucky. I sealed them with
uv-blocking clear acrylic spray (krylon I think). Both pieces are daily
exposed to bright sun light and have been shipped around a lot and they're
holding up quite well. I tried the acrylic as a subbing layer but had less
luck than with the gelatin.
Hope this helps.
Jordan