carbon help

From: ruthie ^lt;ruthiestringer@earthlink.net>
Date: 09/23/04-03:44:07 PM Z

This is my first posting to the list! Hope it works. . . .Anyway, I am a photographer who has worked a fair amount in gum. I've been working for Mike and Doug Starn for the past couple of years doing mostly large tiled prints on watercolor paper coated with luminos liquid emulsion. We are about to embark on a project that is envisioned at the moment in four color carbon--probably it will end up as an amalgam of processes. I ordered the Sandy King book and am awaiting its arrival with much anticipation. I hope that it will answer most of the questions that I have at the moment. I was wondering though if there was anyone working in carbon in the new york city area who might be willing to give me a demo. They would of course be paid and reimbursed for the cost of supplies. Also, any information on likely first steps in setting up a workspace, paper selection, best choice of exposure unit--really any information at all would be extremely helpful.

Thanks so much!
Ruthie