Liquid Emulsion-Coating Problems

From: Ritab19106@aol.com
Date: 09/25/04-12:18:32 PM Z

Although I am beginning to feel I am somewhat of a masochist, I am continuing
to experiment with liquid emulsion. I am using Luminos/Silverprint VC Liquid
emulsion and applying it to paper (fabriano or BFK), using either a foam or a
hake brush. Despite my attempts to coat smoothly and evenly (brushing first
in own direction and then the other), streaky coating marks are evident
throughout the image area after I expose the paper. When I hold the paper near the
safelight after I have finished applying the emulsion, the paper looks smooth
and shiny and I do not see any streaky brush marks.

I would very much appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Rita