photo chemistry in the classroom

From: Barry Kleider ^lt;bkleider@sihope.com>
Date: 04/06/05-11:18:30 AM Z

Hi, all.

I have been asked to teach a chemistry of photography class for high
school students next fall.

Almost all of my work to date has been on the creative side of things.
My lab work has been strictly by the book - the actual chemistry wasn't
very important - as long as it worked.

Now, I need to figure out a short curriculum that I can do in a high
school chemistry lab with all of the strict rules about hazardous
chemicals, fumes, etc.

I know some of you also teach... I'd like to come up with a project that
involves having students mix their own chemicals, and leaves them with a
print they can exhibit and take home.

Feel free to contact me of list, or let the discussion take off.

Thanks,
Barry