RE: new alt process--gelatin silver

From: Kate M ^lt;kateb@paradise.net.nz>
Date: 04/08/05-03:28:59 PM Z

The problem with digital anything is it does not really exist. It is a
series of bits and bytes; ones and zeros, existing only as data that is
subject to problems; now, or down the road. Or possibly never, fat
chance. I am certain that more than a few people have lost years of work
due to a computer problem.

Not even a computer problem - I lost ALL my digital files when I was
burgled and the thieves took not only my P.C. (amongst almost ALL my
electric appliances) but ALL my backup disks as well!!!!!! I'd like to
have seen them take away the equivalent weight in prints, film etc......
however I still work in film, which they didn't seem at all interested
in. All my work for 18 months of my bachelor's degree was gone, though.
Except for the fact that it was during the summer vacation, and
therefore at academic years' end, it would have been a crushing
disaster.

In an attempt to change if not give up my wicked ways, I have just
acquired a 40GB portable hard drive which so far holds all my critical
images. I keep it with me in case of fire, theft, earthquake or act of
God.

Kate