RE: Hardware for Contact Printing Frames

From: Rick Retzlaff ^lt;rretzlaff@shaw.ca>
Date: 04/16/05-08:29:56 AM Z

Rather than using steel clips - I have successfully used oak strips (about
1/8" by 1") for my big frame (16x22 inches). Sure easier to find than
spring steel of the right dims. Each side of the split back has a raised
post (about 1/2") in the center. The oak strip fits into a groove in the
perimeter of the frame and over the post (bowing the strip with the convex
face facing the back of the frame. Works well.