Re: Only slightly OT: scanners

From: Jeff Morris ^lt;jm@jeffmorris.com>
Date: 04/19/05-10:24:12 PM Z

I can't speak for the differences between the two scanners but one
option may be to scan in RGB and then convert to grayscale in
Photoshop. I've used this technique with the 4870 to make large b/w
prints. For me there are multiple advantages to this workflow, more
control over dynamic range plus control of the tonality (warm to cool).
Just a thought since this would also allow you to take advantage of
digital ICE. With the 4870 you may also want to check out VueScan, a
rather inexpensive professional scanning application that offers
amazing control, and free updates.

Jeff