black light wattage

From: jude.taylor@comcast.net
Date: 04/20/05-08:14:41 AM Z

Greetings,

I have been off the list for about one year, but, at last, I am almost ready to explore more alt processes by actually doing rather than just reading about them. When I lived in Arizona I learned about cyanotype - (the old chemistry) and used sunshine (of course - smiles); and I have experimented with Polaroid techniques. Since so many of the alt processes produce a "look and feel" I relate to, it is time to try more...many more...Woah! On to the first step and my question.....

Here in the Pacific Northwest sunshine is not a predictable resource so I am building a lightbox. A few weeks ago I searched the archives for information about how to build one and found some helpful posts. What I didn't find was what wattage black-light bulbs folks consider to be the best for alternative processes. In my search of the web to find information about the types and sizes of bulbs available I found a variety of watts...mostly low (15 watts, etc.).

Can any of you help me out here? What strength bulbs do you use? Is one wattage better for a particular process than another?

Many Thanks,
Judy

--
Judy Rowe Taylor