Re: loupes for large format camera use and; humidity levels

From: Tom Ferguson ^lt;tomf2468@pipeline.com>
Date: 04/23/05-09:04:11 AM Z

I'll be the "odd man out" here and suggest skipping the loupe. Too hard
to use in the corners. Makes you look at parts of, rather than the
entirety of, your image. I use reading glasses. Put them on a neck
string, put them OVER your regular reading glasses when you need to see
closer. You will need to keep your eyes a specific distance from the
groundglass (depending on your regular and reading glasses). Try it,
simple, fast and cheap.

On Saturday, April 23, 2005, at 07:41 AM, Susan Huber wrote:

> Hello all;
> I have two queries; what is the best loupe for viewing a large format
> camera keeping in mind that I wear glasses for far-sightness and
> astigmatism. (For focusing that is).
> And; what is an acceptable humidity level in a new darkroom? I live on
> the Wet Coast of Canada, can't seem to get it down below 70s'- that is
> without use for a week- I am a week-end user.
> I would appreciate any help,
> Susan
> www.susanhuber.com

<image.tiff>