RE: Summer Ice (Newfoundland icebergs) on my website now

From: Robert Hall ^lt;Robert@RobertHall.com>
Date: 08/01/05-08:41:52 AM Z

No problem on this end Jon, we have no place to put them at the moment!

So let's see... The house has a hole in the ground. Waiting for plans to get
back from engineering. They promise 90 days finished after pulling the
permit, but I don't want them to make the house poorly so I told them no to
start the clock till they get it back from engineering.

I meet with the West Valley City Council tonight to see if they want to take
me to Tai Pei, Taiwan at the end of August. It's a 10 day trip sponsored by
West Valley and their sister city. Tif and I were planning on France, but
these people are much friendlier to Americans :) I will let you know how
that comes out. The only sticky part is I'm not living in West Valley, but
they only have amateurs available and the want someone to represent them
well.

I will hang in the national museum and have a show there with prints
available for sale. (can you say "WOW"?) Anyway, give an offering to the
photo gods for me for good luck.

As for the new darkroom, things tend to take on a life of their own. We are
now under excavating a 3 car garage for the whole shebang. I will have a
light room and we are going to buy the new version of the 24" Epson printer
when it comes out in the fall. I've been needing something to sell in a
"starter collector" price range at galleries and festivals that hits the
50-100 dollar range. I make "reproductions" of the work for cards and
"Smaller than original" work unsigned and uneditioned. They sell like
hotcakes to the younger crowd that would have to forgo rent money to buy one
of my originals. It works out quite well. Then I tell them they can trade up
if they want to at some later date, keeps them coming back.

I've gotten 5 show requests and maybe the trip to Taiwan from this doing the
Art Festival thing. It's been quite nice. I would like to maybe try the show
in Scottsdale Az next year.

Anyway, I will keep you posted on how the Taiwan thing goes. Glad to hear
you are doing well. The portfolio images on your site are just fantastic,
really. What a shame you didn't get more material to print ;)

Talk to you soon,

Gary