Re: PVA vs. PVA

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 08/03/05-08:34:20 AM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

> As for Katharine's finding that the test strip on the gelatin size did
> fewer steps -- OK.... but I surmise all were handled the same. I've found
> that optimum treatment for one size may not be optimum for all, and that
> number of steps is NOT a set number, but is a factor of length of exposure
> times length of development (among other variables).

Yes, certainly. I was just comparing them with everything held constant.
And as I said, by holding everything constant I underexposed the gelatin
one, which seemed to need more exposure than the others. So another way
of saying that would be that the PVA and acrylic sizing made a faster
print than the gelatin for me, holding everything else constant.
kt