Re: GUM PRINTING QUESTION

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 08/11/05-03:45:44 AM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

 I remember a series of prints
> done in hot humid NYC summer when I was resisting the air conditioner had
> such an exquisite golden (dichromate) tone over all I tried repeatedly to
> match it with a yellow over-layer. Didn't work.

Not being able to see your memory of what this looked like I'm at a
disadvantage, but here's a suggestion for whatever it's worth: you might
consider quinacridone gold (PO 49). It hasn't been manufacturered as a
pigment since 2001, but Daniel Smith is still producing quinacridone
gold paint. It's transparent but a nice rich color, which makes it a
good pigment for an overlay color.
Katharine