RE: I'm looking for inspiration!

From: Baird, Darryl ^lt;dbaird@umflint.edu>
Date: 08/14/05-04:20:47 PM Z

Not to be a smarty-pants, but Jordan's post is what would be
characterized in literature as a quest. That's something
transformative that happens to the individual or one's psychic being
(aka soul) while busy trying to survive or get through a
struggle/dilemna.

Having heard many important photographers speak, I think the role
model I liked (and choose) to follow was that of Todd Walker. He
combined something from almost every "journey" ha had taken in life...
Hollywood set painter and color mixer, technician for other
photographers, traditional drawing/painting artist, etc. and combined
them into something that made sense of it all.

Me? I'm a failed historian, who likes to search out meanings and tell
various creation stories and myths. I once was a photographer,
bartender, multi-media producer, graphic designer, art director,
photographer's assistant, software reviewer, art critic, camera
salesman, pizza delivery boy, alternative press editor, and
film-stripper too. Somehow, a lot of my work actually reflects this
disjointed reality.

Darryl Baird