Re: LULU

From: Jan Kapoor ^lt;jkapoor@jankapoor.net>
Date: 08/17/05-03:00:10 PM Z

I have just published a book with Lulu. The images are black & white,
but as I have printed many of them in platinum/palladium, I wanted them
to have a warm-tone look, so the initial version was printed in color. I
ordered a copy, and it looked great when I first looked at it under
tungsten lighting in the evening. When I looked at it the next day in
natural daylight, however, although the reproduction quality is very
good, the images have a distinct greenish tinge. So I retired that
version and am now offering it printed in true black & white. They still
print the cover in color, which looks good. I am going to order a copy
of the B&W edition and will let you know what I think at that point. The
title is "The Intertidal World: Photographs of Coastal Georgia." There
is a preview you can look at. The link is:
http://www.lulu.com/jankapoor, then click on the cover image on the left
side. Someone told me the preview either loads very slowly or the images
don't come up, but there are 15 pages to the PDF file: the cover,
introduction, 10 images, artist bio, and the back cover. The preview
still shows the warm-tone coloration of the color edition.

Hope this helps--

Jan Kapoor

Fine art photography of Jan Kapoor at www.jankapoor.net
Pinhole, large format, alternative printing processes and digital.